Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 2: Burley, ID to North Platte, NE

Yeah, that's right, Idaho to Nebraska. Four states in one day. That's how we roll.


Up at 5 am.

800 miles.

5 gas stops.

Severe lightning and thunderstorms.

A brush with bad beer.

Me: What beers do you have on tap?
Waitress: Bud, Bud Light, Miller...
Me: looking absolutely crestfallen
Waitress: ...Boulevard Wheat
Me: Wait, what? What was that last one?
Waitress: Boulevard Wheat?
Me: Yes, yes, that one! I'll take that one!
(hope remains alive!)




And more adventures of Dash Pug.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm jealous that dash pug gets to be so close to the thunderstorm clouds. I'm worried about you and your Midwest beer selection. Do I need to drive out a keg of Bridgeport?

Timzie said...

I, too, am worried about the Midwest beer selection. At dinner last night I asked if they had any microbrews and the waiter said, "Um, I'm not really familiar with those...could you name some?" It was quite sad. Whoever suggested I fill the rest of my trailer with good Oregon beer was brilliant. If only I had done that.