Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Break

As you know I finished my first term of school on Friday the 7th. What I didn't tell you was that I flew home the next morning to surprise my mom. I had a ticket I needed to use and I figured it would be a nice opportunity to go home and relax. I knew my mom would also be happy to see me, but I really wanted to surprise her, so I told pretty much everyone but her. My friend Kirsten was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and drive me to my mom's house, then ring the doorbell to get her to the door. I was kind of hoping for a Publisher's Clearinghouse kind of reaction, but instead got more of a what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here reaction. Oh well. I think she was still definitely surprised.




Some background from before I got home...
I actually woke up that morning 7 minutes after my taxi was supposed to pick me up to take me to O'Hare. Somehow I slept through 2 alarms but woke up to a text message vibrating my phone which was across the room. After throwing on my clothes (which I had neatly laid out the night before) and running downstairs to make sure the taxi was still waiting, I flew back upstairs to grab my bag and lock my door. Thank goodness I packed everything the night before! Then I dealt with the overly chatty cab driver who also insisted on showing me pictures of his entire family, one picture being of his scantily clad young wife. Thanks dude. Then I got to wander around O'Hare because I could not find a departure display with my specific airline on it. You would think they would put these right on the other side of security, so once you get through, you check the screen and go to your gate. Nooooo. I had to wander halfway down the terminal before finding it.

Anyway, I finally made it home and a great time visiting, relaxing, and reading for fun. It was basically the fastest week of my life.

But now I am back and ready to get this term off to a great start. I've already forced myself to go to the library 3 times, and if you knew how much I hate this library, you would know how awesome this is.

No comments: