Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sweet Baby Jesus....

...help me. You have no idea how many times the following scenario occurs at the hospital I volunteer at.

Person: Hello, I have a doctor's appointment. Can you tell me where to go?
Me: What is the doctor's name?
Person: I don't know.
Me: Did they tell you what suite to go to?
Person: No.
Me: What kind of doctor is it?
Person: I don't know.
Me: Do you have their phone number? I can call them.
Person: No, I don't.
Me: Do you have any paperwork from them? Anything that can help me figure out where you are supposed to be?
Person: No, I don't.
Me: (Exasperated sigh - but I do try to do it somewhat quietly so they can't totally tell how frustrated I am)

Then they proceed to get frustrated with me because I don't just know the patient roster for four towers of doctors offices as well as the hospital (which there is absolutely no way of knowing). Seriously?! Maybe before the you leave the house you should know where the eff you are going.

It's times like this when I wonder how these people have made it to adulthood.

No comments: