Saturday, February 5, 2011

Emergency Medicine

I hate it. Okay, so hate is a pretty strong word. And one I want to use. I HATE it. I just finished my first shift in the Emergency Department, and I think it is my least favorite rotation so far. Although I did really dislike psych on my first day, so maybe things will get better. But I kind of doubt it. It's just so crazy and chaotic and there are papers and charts lying here and there and all willy-nilly. I prefer clean, organized places to work. But I guess it was kind of busy tonight and no one really had a chance to give me a tour or talk to me about it, so I felt un-oriented. So maybe things will get better, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Also, this may be horrible to say, but I really prefer the suburban hospitals to the urban ones. And not just because they are usually nicer and newer, but because I don't have to drive through really shitty neighborhoods to get to them. Does that make me a bad person?

Okay, it's 11:30 and I've got a pizza in the oven and a glass of wine in hand. Guess which one I will finish first? :)

No comments: