Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Med

So I haven't posted anything in a while. I'm doing Family Medicine right now. Basically I diagnose a lot of people with viral upper respiratory infections (hey, it's going around right now) and give lots of vaccines. The kiddos hate me, but they warm up at the end when I give them a lollipop. Seriously. Bribery is key. Family Med is okay, but I kind of don't like that it's all over the place. And by that I mean I'll have one patient with the sniffles, then another kid who needs shots, then a woman who needs a pap, then some teenager who needs a physical exam for school. Yeah, there's a lot of variety, but I think I prefer focusing on one area (like psych!). This being all over the place kind of throws me.

Plus it's been super cold here (it was 30 below zero with the windchill a few nights ago) so I've been suffering from the winter blahs. Blah.

I start Emergency Med at Sinai next week. Hopefully I'll see some sweet bloody traumas to keep me interested. Fingers crossed!

No comments: