Friday, December 4, 2009

Things that make you go hmmm...

A friend of mine is doing his preceptorship at a doctor's office nearby. Apparently there are also nursing students from other schools doing their nursing preceptorship at the same office. My friend told me when they introduce themselves to patients, they introduce themselves as medical students. To me this is highly misleading. They are not in medical school, they are in nursing school. They are therefore nursing students. It seems wrong to make patients think otherwise.

Any thoughts? Am I just being overly sensitive?

1 comment:

-hh said...

I totally agree. My friend is a physical therapist and she has her doctorate. She has friends who actually call themselves "Dr. Smith" or whatever, even though they should be Bob Smith, D.P.T. TOTALLY MISLEADING.